Who We Are
Our mission is to bring individuals, community organizations and businesses together on one platform to build stronger local communities across Canada.
• As citizens, our health, happiness, and security depends on the strength of our community.
• Volunteers are the lifeblood of any community and should be recognized for their service.
• Businesses and their employees can be and should be a force for good in our communities.
• Businesses who demonstrate a strong commitment to communities and the environment should be recognized for their actions.
• Doing good is very good for business.
• Consumers should reward community minded companies through purchasing decisions.
• Businesses should support, encourage and reward employees for their efforts related to good causes.
• We should leave our community and world a better place for our children
It all started with our founder looking for suitable volunteer opportunities for his 2 daughters. After struggling with finding online matches and learning about the challenges overall with student volunteering, he thought something should be done. Along with a friend and former teacher, he came up with an idea to develop technology to engage students and track volunteer hours. First West Credit Union who shared a similar vision, signed up early and came up with ideas to evolve the technology to also engage their employees and the general community. Prospera Credit Union and Interior Savings signed up soon thereafter. After 1000's of cups of coffee, 100's of meetings and a couple million lines of code, Volinspire was launched in December of 2015. While youth engagement is still a core focus, our social mission has expanded.
With the launch of our new app, we are empowering users to make an even greater difference in the world around them. Expanded features now put purchasing power and social influence into action with the ability to drive donations based on where you shop, promote worthy causes to your network, donate to charities and more. Everyone now can make an impact even if they are too busy to volunteer. Given that this enhanced functionality extends well beyond volunteerism, we felt that it was necessary to name the app Do Some Good.
We are a tech for good company and Community Contribution Company and believe that changing the world is possible! Our social mission drives us and our success is defined by the amount of social impact we make versus the amount of money we make. Our technology was built for the community but it is also being built by a community. Our partners, users and people like you are part of our team! Thank you for being part of our story! The best is yet to come!
We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency
We facilitate social procurement through business in communities all over Canada
Winner, Social Impact
Regional Finalist, Social Enterprise Award
Winner, Award for investment in community projects across the country as supported by local credit union
Finalist, Corporate Community of the Year
Nominee, Best Community Impact
Finalist, Corporate Community of the Year - Small Business
- Benefits Canada Magazine: Supporting ESV - Tieing workplace volunteer programs to Canada 150
- Kelowna Capital News: Supporting Canada’s 150 for 150 Volunteer Challenge
- Business Examiner Magazine: Connecting Volunteers, Businesses & Non-Profits
- CCUA: Canadian Credit Union Association: Partnership with Volinspire for 150,000 hour Challenge
- Okanagan Edge: Connecting the Community
- KelownaNow: Working with the Gratitude Project
- Global News: Working with Student Ambassadors from SD23
- Launch in Kelowna: Global News Video and Article, Announcement by Accelerate Okanagan