Director / Board Mandate
• To ensure that PLKS fulfills its mission
• To advocate for that which is in the best interests of PLKS
• To protect the assets and reputation of PLKS
Board Members will be required to go through a screening and interview process conducted by the current Board President prior to the December 1, 2016 Annual General Meeting.
A sampling of the role of Director includes the following responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement and ensure compliance with policies consistent with the mission and mandate of PLKS.
2. Follow the rules and regulations outlined in the PLKS constitution and bylaws.
3. Maintain an awareness of the PLKS governance framework and conduct in accordance thereof when making decisions and performing Board duties.
4. Act ethically and respect confidentiality with respect to Board matters.
5. Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
6. The Board and the Executive Director, or a committee of Directors and the Executive Director will review the insurance needs of PLKS annually to ensure that proper coverage is in place to protect people and property.
7. Safeguard the financial stability of PLKS while monitoring its financial management. The Board has the fiduciary responsibility to serve as trustee for the spending of public funds and donations.
8. Provide support for fundraising for PLKS.
9. Promote new initiatives which encourage a solid public understanding and awareness of PLKS.
11. Ensure that a qualified management team is in place.