Feed the Valley is looking for dynamic champions to lead their branch and department team members to raise food, funds and awareness about hunger in our communities. Feed the Valley is the signature cause program for Valley First & Enderby & District Financial. In 2016 we achieved our milestone by surpassing our fundraising goal of one million dollars! Moving forward we will strive to elevate our thinking and ideas to provide other impactful programming that addresses the systemic issues that cause a person to need a food bank while also continuing to raise food, funds and awareness.
This unique volunteer position provides champions with the opportunity to develop leadership skills, explore their creative calling and build exciting relationships with business and nonprofit agencies in your own community. You’ll be supported by Community Investment and your colleagues throughout the Valley First & Enderby region.
Feed the Valley Champions will:
• Be the go-to person for the FTV program and donations at your location
• Work with team members to design and develop plans to raise awareness about FTV
• Identify opportunities for branch involvement in the community that can support FTV
• Develop and activate fundraising activities.
• Monitor and administer expenses for your location’s FTV budget
• Track each event and its results on FTV documents
• Coordinate cheque presentations to your local food bank
• Celebrate by sharing photos, event highlights and results on Yammer and Do Some Good
As a FTV Champion you will:
• Develop supportive relationships and networks with nonprofits & businesses
• Develop personal skills in the areas of fundraising and event planning and employee engagement
• Increase awareness of the issue of hunger in your community among your team and members