Good for people with Special Needs & Diverse Abilities
Better at Home Volunteers enhance independence and quality of life so seniors can continue to live independently in their homes and remain connected to their community. Main duties involve driving to and from appointments or shopping and friendly visiting. The clients that use our services are extremely grateful and volunteers feel valued and appreciated.
Volunteers must have a criminal record check, attend an interview and provide 2 references.
Job Title: Better at Home Volunteer
• Provide transportation to appointments/shopping or regular visiting.
• Keep a record of hours and activities and report them to the Better at Home coordinator.
• Attend volunteer orientation and training activities.
• Enjoy the company of seniors, have good listening and communication skills
• Be patient, respectful and understanding.
• Be punctual and reliable
• Maintain confidentiality about all personal information
• Be willing to complete a Criminal Records Check
• Have a valid driver license and sufficient insurance.
• Submit a clean ICBC Drivers Abstract.
• Operate a dependable, safe vehicle.